After Filecoin officially supports FVM, the Filecoin address has also increased its variety of formats. At present, the addresses that support FVM include the f4 prefix address and the Ethereum address format with 0x prefix.
There are various ways how one can get FIL in the FVM. The following methods are recommended to facilitate the transfer of assets from the f1 address to the FVM and participate in the applications on the FVM.
- Use CEXs to withdraw FIL to a 0x address or f4 address. There’s a list for the supported CEXs from the Filecoin official, please check here.
- Use the latest version of HiWallet to send FIL from the f1 address to the f4 address or your ETH-format address:
- Go to www.filet.finance
- Go to the page “For Investors”, click the button “Get HiWallet(Android Only)”, enter your email address, and then get the installation file.
- Set up an HiWallet address. HiWallet is a decentralized crypto wallet, keep your mnemonic words carefully or you will lose your assets.
- Click on the “Wallet” tab and find the FIL token. Now you can transfer FIL assets from the f1 address to the f4 or 0x address.
When the transfer done, you can participate in Filet 2.0 directly.
Use cross-chain bridges to bridge FIL token from other network to 0x address.
Filet is a Filecoin mining power tokenization protocol that deployed on Filecoin(FVM) and BSC networks. It tokenizes Filecoin mining power and introduces it into the DeFi ecosystem to provide FIL holders with high-growth FIL staking services. The mining power and assets are completely open and transparent.
Filet is backed by one of the largest storage providers in North America. The project is open source and audited by Certik.